❖ Auditions: Thursday, January 17, 2019 at IKES Cafeteria (start at 4pm ~ Audition times TBA)
❖ Dress Rehearsal (if selected): Monday, January 28, 2019 6pm at Sequoyah High School Theater
❖ Talent Show: Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:30pm at SHS Theater (Crew, Emcees, & Performers arrive at 6pm)
The 2019 IKES Talent Show will be held at Sequoyah High School Theater, which will be a unique and exciting experience for cast and crew. SHS Technical Theater Students will be assisting us with lighting and sound. We are making every effort to ensure that the show will not run beyond 8:30pm as we understand it is held on a school night this year.
All varieties of acts are encouraged to audition: singers, dancers, tumblers, magicians, jugglers, martial arts routines, pianists, other instrumentalists, etc. Any (elementary age appropriate) skill that can be shown to an audience is welcome at auditions.
A panel of judges made up of IKES Teachers, Principal, and Assistant Principals will observe auditions and determine which acts will be selected for the show. Notification of selected acts will be emailed by Friday January 18th.
Due to the time limitations and logistics, there will be NO MAKEUP AUDITIONS for any reason.
All Audition materials (info sheets, music, lyrics) are due Friday January 11th. Audition Times will be emailed by Jan. 14th.
Students will be asked to perform up to 45 seconds of their act. Acts should be less than 3 minutes in length due to time limitations of the show.
Acts will be selected based upon level of polish and preparation at time of audition as well as whether the material is appropriate for elementary age audiences (lyrics, content, costumes, etc).
If you wish to use a music track as part of your act, you MUST submit your music file in the correct format by Friday January 11th. If the music file is not received by this date, the act may not be selected to be in the show. A link to submit music files will be sent to the email address provided on the Student Information Sheet once we receive it. (Refer to “Submitting Music/Audio Files” for instructions on submitting music files).
Singing Acts ONLY:
✓ All music tracks must be Background, Karaoke, or Instrumental versions of the song.
✓ Singing Acts will not be permitted to play the original version of the song and simply sing along with the person on the original track.
✓ Lyrics to all vocal music must be submitted with the info sheets by Friday January 11th for approval by the judges. If there are inappropriate words, they should be changed or another song should be chosen.
✓ Lip-Syncing will not be allowed.
Parents/Guardians are expected to stay and supervise their children during Auditions (IKES) and Dress Rehearsal (SHS). *If Parent/Guardian cannot accompany their child to Auditions, the student may be enrolled in ASP for the day of Auditions (January 17th) for a fee of $10. To enroll, email Mary Robinson [email protected]
Students who want to be a part of the Backstage Crew do NOT need to be present at Auditions but MUST submit the Student Information Sheet and MUST be present at the Dress Rehearsal and Show.
Students who want to audition to be an Emcee MUST submit the Student Information Sheet and MUST be present at the Auditions. Students auditioning for Emcee MUST be present at the Dress Rehearsal and Show if selected.
Any additional questions can be directed to Christine Dagostino at [email protected].
1. Complete one Act Information Sheet per Group/Act (Performer or Emcee only).
2. Complete one Student Information Sheet per Student (Performer, Emcee, or Crew).
3. Prepare a document to submit that has the lyrics your student will sing. (Vocal/Singing Acts only)
4. Send all Info Sheets and Lyrics into school with your student addressed to IKES PTA OR Email completed Info Sheets and Lyrics to [email protected]
5. If your student will be performing an act with background music, make sure you indicated this on the Student Information Sheet and watch out for an email with a link to upload music files.
6. Remind your student to practice! Have your student try out their act in front of friends and family so they are prepared when they audition for their teachers and principals!
1. Obtain music file of song your student will be using for their act. If your student is singing, please remember to obtain the karaoke, instrumental, or background music version of the song.
2. Rename the file as “[Student Name] [Act/Song Title]”
*For Example, if Bobby Smith’s act was singing the song Let it Go, the file name should be named
“Bobby Smith Let It Go”
3. You will receive a link via email to the PTA Google Drive folder Talent Show Music Files within 48 hours of the PTA receiving a completed Student Information Sheet indicating that a music file will be accompanying the act/audition.
4. Upload your music file to the Talent Show Music Files folder in Google Drive. If the file is found to be not playable or to be corrupted, we will contact you to correct the issue.
If you do not receive a link to the folder within 48 hours of submitting your audition form, please email Christine Dagostino at [email protected] to request that a link be emailed to you. If you have any questions or problems with uploading music files, please email Christine Dagostino and she will reach out to you and do her best to help.