The Reflections Arts Recognition Program is a national arts recognition and achievement program for students. Since 1969,
over 10 million students across the nation have taken part in this popular PTA program.
The excitement and enthusiasm that the program generates for students, parents, schools and communities is unmatched with
the majority of Georgia PTAs participating in the program at all PTA levels.
That’s why the Reflections Program provides an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the joy and fun of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
As an added bonus, in showcasing and celebrating student talent, the Reflections Program increases community awareness of
the importance of the arts in education.
The 2019-2020 Reflection’s program theme is “Look Within.” We are excited to see the unique interpretations of the theme from our IKES students!
To download a copy of the 2019-2020 student entry packet, please click the link below to download. Please be sure to complete the forms accurately and select the appropriate grade division and category. Also, please be sure that students and guardians sign the form before submitting it for judging. Parents, please be sure to refer to the official rules below to ensure that your child’s work meets program guidelines.
Completed entries are due by Friday, September 20th, 2019, and should be turned in to the IKES Media Center.
IKES submissions winning 1st and 2nd place per grade, per category will move on to competition at the county level. Winners will be notified and recognized at the Reflections Celebration on Monday, October 7th, 2019.
Any questions or concerns may be directed to Bayley Pittman, IKES Reflections Chair, at [email protected].
Student Entry Packets
- Call for Entries Video
- Reflections Student Entry Packet (English)
- Reflections Student Entry Packet (Spanish)
Category Rules & Guidelines
- Film Production: Rules and Guidelines
- Photography: Rules and Guidelines
- Dance Choreography: Rules and Guidelines
- Music Composition: Rules and Guidelines
- Visual Arts: Rules and Guidelines
- Literature: Rules and Guidelines
Special Artists Division
*Be sure to mark the box indicating this is a Special Artist Entry
The search is on for the 2021-2022 National PTA Reflections program theme! The student who submits the winning entry will receive $100, and his or her theme will be announced at the National PTA Convention and Exhibition in June 2020.
Please review the past themes listed on the form linked below. Repeat themes will not be considered. Participation in the Reflections Program theme search is optional.