IKES Spirit Rock Guidelines
*By reserving a date, you agree to adhere to the below-mentioned guidelines.
Reserve the IKES Spirit Rock by clicking here.
We ask for your assistance in following these guidelines:
- Reservations MUST be made in order to paint the Spirit Rock. Click on the IKES Spirit Rock Sign-Up Genius to see available dates. <>
- Reservations open at the beginning of the school year.
- Reserving the Spirit Rock is $20. Payment must be received within 2 business days of your signup request, or your signup date will be forfeited. All payments and reservations are non-refundable for any reason (changed your mind, inclement weather, etc). However, if you decide you do not want your date, you can offer it to a friend or sell it to another family—you must update this information on Sign-Up Genius.
- Paint and painting supplies are not provided by the school or PTA.
- Only one person per day may reserve the Spirit Rock.
- Reservations must be made by a parent or teacher on behalf of a student or student group. Calls cannot be made to the front office for reservation purposes.
- Once reserved, you will have the rock for 24 hours beginning at 3:00 PM the day before. For example, if you reserve the rock for September 15th, you’ll have the Spirit Rock beginning at 3:00 PM on September 14th through 3:00 PM on September 15th.
- The area around the Spirit Rock must be left neat and tidy and paint-free. ONLY the Rock may be painted. DO NOT paint the grass or any other material surrounding the Rock. Please use a plastic tarp or other covering to protect the mulch surrounding the rock. The individual or group will be held financially responsible for cleaning and/or repair costs associated with violation of this policy. Anyone painting the Rock must leave the area in clean condition.
- Remove all paint materials and litter from the site and be sure the paint is disposed of properly.
- Reminders for reservations will not be sent by the school or PTA.
- All rules as outlined in the CCSD Code of Student Conduct MUST be obeyed. No exceptions. (No bullying, profanity, obscenity, or derogatory language.)
Tips & Tricks
- If you reserved the Rock, but can’t remember the date you reserved log into the IKES Spirit Rock Sign-Up Genius here.
- The most popular paint to use is to spray paint. You will probably need 2-3 cans for a good base coat (more if your base coat is white). Please note that, latex paint and paint that is rolled on will take several hours to dry, as opposed to spray paint, which dries in several minutes.
Please be kind to our environment and recycle your empty cans!